Temporary Business Visas
These are typically four-year in length; they will eventually lead to permanent residency. There are five distinct streams designed for current business owners and investors, all require nomination (sponsorship) by an Australian state or territory government. Each state or territory has its own criteria for nominating a potential business migrant.
- Business Innovation Stream: For people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor Stream: for people who want to make an investment of at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian state or territory and maintain such investment or conduct other business activities in Australia.
- Significant Investor Stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD 5 million into investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. For this particular stream as an alternative to a state or territory government nomination, Austrade can nominate applicants on behalf of the Australian government.
- Premium Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD 15 million into in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. For this particular stream as an alternative to a state or territory government nomination, Austrade can nominate applicants on behalf of the Australian government.
- Entrepreneur: for people who have a funding agreement with third party investors for at least AUD 200 000 to undertake an activity that is proposed to lead to either the commercialization of a product or service in Australia or the development of business in Australia.
Some of these visas may be extended for a further two years if applicant’s business or investment activities do not qualify him or her for a permanent visa under the onshore Permanent Business streams.
Permanent Business visas:
Business people who arrive in Australia as the holder of any of the above-mentioned temporary visas or special category visa, usually qualify for a corresponding permanent visa, if they have been involved in business or investments activities that meet specific criteria. Those activities do not necessary have to be the same as proposed when applying for the temporary visa.
There is a direct permanent entry visa option and has two streams:
- Significant Business History stream: for high-calibre business owners or part-owners who want to do business in Australia. Applicant needs to have owned and operated businesses with annual turnover of more 3 million dollars. Ownership of business assets are not less than AUD 400,000, and personal net asset worth is no less than 1.5 million dollars.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: for people who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Both temporary and direct permanent business visas are subject to points test. Applicants are allocated points, according to age, business experience, business turnover, net personal assets, and business innovation.
For further information or an advice tailored specifically to your circumstances, please contact us and one of our specialist in the field will promptly be in touch with you.